Vape etiquette: 7 gold rules of a decent vaper
Let’s assume that you have bought a new device and a year’s supply of premium e-juices. Or a half year’s supply. “Now I can easily go out and vape wherever I want,” you thought. “Why not? Vapor isn’t smoke and everybody’s ok with everything.”
Not everybody. Not everything.
It’s not a coincidence that there’s a notion “culture of vaping” which means that vaping isn’t just a new movement but a movement with good manners.
To make the vape community a real culture, vapers developed their own etiquette. It’s not prescribed anywhere but polite vapers adhere to it automatically.
Beginners should study it and comply with it since vaping is a young phenomenon. It is important to show that it’s not only in favor of a healthy lifestyle but also of culture. Society will appreciate vapers and won’t identify them as smokers (which is relevant from the legislative point of view).
Here are a few simple but important rules. Follow them and vaping will be associated with politeness and decency.
- Home. Undoubtedly, a man is the king in his house. But there are a couple of conditions. First of all, remember about others who also want to relax. Secondly, if you are waiting for guests to arrive, you’d better air the apartment. Not everyone heard about vaping and they can react to it differently. A few clouds are not worth a ruined evening.
- In the street. Don’t forget about people around you. First, not everybody will like the smell of vapor (recall a woman with a strong smell of perfume in a tube). Secondly, it’s Murphy’s law that a person with an allergy can be going next to you which will cause serious consequences.
- Crowded places. Shops, clubs, restaurants. If you are visiting a cinema, no vaping because vapor worsens visibility. If you are in other aforementioned places, ask an administrator about vaping rules. Don’t forget about people (see a.2).
- In a car. The situation reminds the one at home: my car - my rules. Not really. When you are behind the wheel, you are, first of all, a driver and you should obey driving regulations. Vaping worsens visibility and can be the reason of a traffic accident. If you are a passenger, it doesn’t remove the responsibility. Vaping will distract a driver and you know where it leads.
Groups of people:
- Nonsmokers. Ask people whether they mind you vaping. The majority won’t oppose it but some are too careful about their health and can be vigilant about passive vaping.
- Smokers. Don’t try to preach about harmful smoking and healthy vaping. Refrain from criticizing those beside you and talk about the weather.
- Children. Nobody smokes near children and you are not recommended to vape either. A child doesn’t care what’s coming from your mouth – vapor or smoke. If kids like what they see, they will want to repeat it. So: firstly, they can choose smoking, and, secondly, they can use the device wrong or try a nicotine e-juice. Both situations are dangerous. Don’t give them the idea.
That’s it! Only 7 rules which are narrowed down to one: respect interests of other people. Remember: you represent vaping. Every vaper is responsible for this wonderful movement. Let’s prove it with our deeds.
Leave your email!
Leave your email!